Saturday 6 July 2013

Weight Loss Goals & Week 1


Summer 2013 12 Week Challenge













I've taken up the 12 week Summer Weight Loss Challenge and the first challenge is goal setting.

What do I want to achieve over the next 12 weeks?

I know I want to lose weight but I need to make my goals - specific, measurable and achievable.  I hope  by having these weight loss goals it will help provide focus and motivation.  These need to positive.

It's taken some time, but I think I've got them.  My weight loss goals for the challenge.

Goal 1

In 12 weeks I will have lost 1 stone.

I am attending a slimming class and getting weighed weekly.  I have been losing weight ~1lb per week so in order to achieve my weight loss goal I will need to up my game.  I will need to lose 2lbs on at least 2 weeks.  I think this is achievable, enough of a stretch to challenge me but realistic enough that I'm not setting myself up to fail.

Goal 2

I will have an exercise routine
  • I will go to Zumba on Monday and Wednesday
  • I will do my exercise DVD on a Thursday
  • I will go swimming on a Friday
I am already going to Zumba Monday and Wednesday but I regularly debate with myself about going.  The debating stops.  I will be attending because I enjoy it!  I am off on a Thursday and a Friday and I am in desperate need of some structure to these days.  By committing to an exercise DVD and swimming I can plan my days off and hopefully make them more productive as well as more active!

Goal 3

I will follow a calorie controlled diet

I have been using My Fitness Pal for a while, but kinda fallen out of the habit of logging.  So I plan to get back on this to keep me accountable.  By calorie counting I need to make the right choices, healthy food choices.  If you want to support me on there, my username is MrsBrownThought, feel free to add me!

So my goals for the next few weeks have been set.

As for this week well it's kinda been a right off.  My mind just hasn't been in the right place.  I am not making excuses just my priorities this week have been to keep me sane!  I am in a better place today & with my goals set I feel ready to take on the challenge.

I will post mid week how I am getting on with this weeks challenges. Wish me luck!

Love Mrs Brown x

Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you've decided on some goals, Clare! You've got some great plans for seeing these through and I look forward to going on the journey with you.

    Have a wonderful weekend,

    Caitlin @ Weights and Measure

    ReplyDelete