Thursday 13 September 2012

More therapy?

via clarejbrown
via clarejbrown

Why People Refuse Therapy – Therapy Feels like an Insult spoke volumes to me.  It took me back to every consultation I've had to discuss my care plan!

Not the anger - mainly because I suppress this feeling too much, but definitely an annoyance.  The irritation that rises and the feeling that I know all this but I'm still not better!  So many times have I heard those thoughts swirling round my mind.

I would start listing everything I have done to be fixed.  The self help books, the online courses, the counselling, the group therapy, the one to one CBT, mindfulness, meditation, alternative healers, medication after medication, combined, dosed, you name it I will do it.  In fairness I haven't been in the system that long.  I know I can't have tried everything.  But it sure feels like it.

This feeling of insult by offering something else to try, comes and goes.  I would be all in, sign me up for anything to feel better.  Then retreat from services as I thought they weren't for me.  They may have worked for other people but not me.

The more I learn, the more coping strategies I have.  The more things I experience, the more choices I have in what is right for me.

So I take the feelings of insult and learn from it.  That's all I can ask of myself.

Just show up everyday for life.

Love Mrs Brown xx
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. I find it so inspiring seeing someone document their experiences and progression in a blog. I may try this myself, I think it would be a helpful process. Thanks for inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you soo much! That is the nicest comment ever!

      Delete