Sunday 29 July 2012

Picking up the pace with a project

So I started this blog with the idea after reading some inspiring blogs.  I didn't want to write about a passion or a hobby but I wanted to write.  As I recover from depression I find my mind never stops thinking.  A blog would be a way to get my thoughts and feelings out without the fear of saying the actual words.

So I blindly blundered around Blogger and managed to put out a few posts.  But it was feeling like a real effort, I was struggling with my own comparisons and trying to make every post deep or meaningful.  Then today I stumbled upon Blogging from the Heart and Susannah Conway's video was great.  She said to write for you and not to compare yourself with others who may have been writing for years.  It struck a cord with me.

Then as I moved around her site I find out she's starting a project.  The August Break, 2012!

So I haven't been posting long so do I really deserve a break? (that's how my mind started racing) well, probably not but if I'm not going to compare myself then why not?

I think the project will get me used to writing and doing what I originally set out to do.  To get my thoughts out my head in a creative way.

So the August Break, 2012 seems a perfect project for me (and there is such a cute badge!).  How could I resist?

A picture a day, a blog about my day to day.  The good, the bad, a glimpse into the life of me in August.  As you may be able to tell, I am a little excited so with a bright shiny badge (which I don't quite know what to do with) and my renewed enthusiasm I leave to go add my blog to the list and take a look at all the other interesting links.



Love Mrs Brown xx
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment